Reverse Brainstorming Template
Updated: Aug 31, 2021
The Reverse Brainstorming Template is an effective tool for brainstorming. It's a great option when other brainstorming methods haven't worked as well as you expected. For example, if you feel stuck in finding a good solution to a problem.
Complete the brainstorm by filling out each of the five sections, in this order:
1. "Define the problem" column:
What problem or challenge do you need to solve?
2. "Reverse the problem" column: Reverse the problem or challenge by asking, "How could I possibly cause the problem?" or "How could I possibly achieve the opposite effect?"
3. "Collect Ideas" column: Brainstorm solution ideas based on the ideas you defined in the "Reverse the problem" column. Allow ideas to flow freely. Do not reject anything!
4. "Review Ideas" column: Reverse the ideas you defined in the "Collect Ideas" column.
5. "Identify Solutions" column: Now is the time to evaluate which ideas are feasible from the "Review the ideas" column. Pick the ones that solve the problems listed in the "Define the problem" column.
Dojoit enables you to make brainstorming sessions engaging and interactive – ensuring that everyone feels their voice is heard. Add images and text to make it easy for everyone to get on the same page.
How to use the Reverse Brainstorming Template on Dojoit
You have two options:
Option 1: Select from within the board
Option 2: Download and upload the Reverse Brainstorming template to your board
1. Download the template to your desktop/downloads folder
2. Unzip the downloaded file
3. Drag the unzipped SVG file from your desktop/downloads folder to the board